The Ghana Monitoring and Evaluation Forum
Evidence based decision making plays an increasingly critical role in shaping our society, the way it develops especially the way we use our limited resources.
To help promote the development of a good Ghanaian Society, it will be useful to establish a National Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Network to promote the cause of evidenced based decision making.
This is to be achieved by creating a network of public spirited individuals whom through open dialogue, can discuss M&E issues with a view to influencing the development opportunities of our time with new insights, new perspectives and new tools.
The Forum’s Objectives are
Share Professional M&E Insights
- Organize fora to present M&E papers for discussions
- Use discussions to share and promote good M&E practices in the country
- Provide networking opportunities
- Associate with other M&E Networks
Promote Evidence Based Decision Making
- Promote the benefits of evidence based decision making especially in public policy decision making
- Engage relevant stakeholders to provide M&E views in an unbiased manner
- Disseminate M&E information based on the outcomes of the fora using the internet
Support Continuing M&E Education
- Establish linkages with local and international M&E institutions/associations to provide continuing M&E education opportunities
- Share access to relevant local M&E information and access
- Organize capacity development sessions
- Where appropriate establish minimum standards of professional practice
Our Stakeholders are
- Policy Makers
- Public & Private Practitioners
- Research Institutions
- Public Institutions
- Development Agencies
- CSO’s & NGO’s
Objectives for the Network
The key objective is to establish a forum where M&E ideas can be shared between like minded people in an informed manner. The following are objectives for the network:
|Establish fora to share experiences||
|Provides support for continuing M&E education||
|Provide advocacy for M&E in Ghana||
As much as possible the activities of the network to achieve the objectives should be defined by the members to ensure the process is dynamic and member driven.
Network membership can be drawn from a number of sources including the following:
|Research/Planning Institutions||GSS, NDPC, ISSER, MOFEP, etc|
|Development Partners||UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPAWorld Bank|
Other Partners and collaborations with CLEAR Ghana, ACBF, Ernst and Young, STAR-Ghana and AfrEA.
We are also eager to get to know you, to support you in your professional endeavors to work towards our vision of influencing the development opportunities of our time with new insights, perspective and tools on M&E.
GMEF offers its membership diverse benefits including:
1. Continuing M&E education with scholarship opportunities.
2. Free access to M&E capacity building training, forums and conferences.
3. JOB opportunities and recommendations.
5. E-newsletters and updates.
6. An evolving website.
7. A professional WhatsApp Platform
We’re located on the Legon Campus (University of Ghana). Once inside the University, ask for Pentagon this is near the Law faculty and the African Union Hall. We are on the 1st floor, above the Apple store.
Contact Us by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call on 0247 063200 for more details.